Practiced for over two thousand years, Chinese medicine is a complete system with its own form of diagnosis, treatment, and therapies. The primary goal of this ancient approach is to return you to an optimal state of wellness by supporting your body’s natural ability to heal itself. This system treats you on a physical, emotional, and mental level; it goes far beyond just the symptoms you may be experiencing. Chinese medicine views your body as an arrangement of energy that follows in a regular pattern. This energy is called Qi (pronounced “chee”). An imbalance or blockage of the flow of your Qi can lead to disease, illness, and pain. To restore your balance, Chinese medicine incorporates nutrition, acupuncture, herbal remedies, lifestyle changes, and relaxation to help you feel better.
What Conditions Do We Treat?
Acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicine treat a wide range of conditions. Many problems can be corrected before you require drugs or surgery. The following are some common ailments that acupuncture and Chinese herbal medicines may successfully treat and prevent:
- Cardiovascular: angina, cold extremities, high blood pressure, palpitations, poor circulation, swelling of hands and feet.
- Gastrointestinal: bloating, colitis, constipation, Crohn’s Disease, diarrhea, gastric reflux, hemorrhoids, indigestion, irritable bowel, ulcers.
- Emotional: anxiety, depression, insomnia, irritability, stress
- Gynecological: endometriosis, hot flashes, night sweats, infertility, mastitis, menstrual pain and irregularity, PMS
- Urogenital: impotence, incontinence, prostatitis, sexual dysfunction, urinary tract infections
- Musculoskeletal: arthritis, athletic injuries, back pain, bursitis, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, disc problems, fibromyalgia, knee pain, neck/shoulder pain, Repetitive Motion Syndrome, sciatica, tendonitis, trauma
- Respiratory: allergies, asthma, bronchitis, colds, flu, hay fever, sinusitis, sore throat
To help the body heal itself, acupuncture treatments stimulate specific points in your body where the flow if Qi is blocked. Acupuncture strengthens your body, prevents disease, controls pain, and reduces stress. Modern research has shown that acupuncture triggers the production of endorphins, the body’s natural pain killers. Treatments also have a positive effect on the endocrine and nervous systems.
Dr. Rosenthal may recommend Chinese herbs as part of your treatment. These will assist your body to repair imbalances, helping you feel your best. Herbs are generally combined into a formula of 4 to 15 herbs blended together. Most herbal medicines are in easy-to-take pill form. In certain cases, Dr. Rosenthal will recommend an herbal powder, that you will mix and drink at home or work. At Rose Acupuncture, we keep a large assortment of formulas on hand to treat a wide range of conditions.